Saturday 7 September 2013

(Old) New Work

Hi friends,

Hope you've all been well since we last talked.  I haven't posted in a while, but feel like I'm about to unleash a flurry, nay, a veritable barrage, of new posts, in the coming days and weeks.  I had a great summer, and I hope you did too, and I feel really recharged and ready to get back to work, both in the shop and on la blogue.  So here goes!

First up is a bit of old-ish business--some photos of a 13c lute that I finished late in 2012, in a group of two alongside the 12c lute that is the subject of my previous post.  This lute has a body based on the Paris Schelle, with an extension after Widhalm, just like the one that I built, and posted about, in 2011.

This lute has a back made of Honduras rosewood ribs and holly spacers, with ebony fingerboard, points and neck veneer; the extension is made of English sycamore, dyed black, with Castella boxwood pegs.  It was originally built for a European client who was, unfortunately, unable to take delivery.  The lute now belongs to Dr. Ken Lee of Vancouver, BC.

Incidentally, this set of photos is the inaugural one featuring my new digital SLR, a Nikon D3100.  My digital photography skills are still developing, as is my lighting rig and studio setup, but I think it's an improvement over previous efforts.  Enjoy....










That's most of the shots I've got of this one--there are a few others on my flickr page, if you want to check it out.  More stuff soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment